Friday, September 12, 2008

My Wish List

I wish I had a career that would open doors to bigger and better things, instead of a job with not even a window

I wish I had a man who didn't care what the number on the scale is, but cared that I looked my best for him

I wish I had more money so I could move out instead of making chump change forcing me to live here

I wish I had something to eat so my stomach would stop rumbling! lol

I wish I was planning my marriage with him

I wish I wasn't pushing 30 and not have anything going right in my life

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amyre. I just wanted to let you know that I faced the same issues that you did after leaving Mich (Twice! There was a reason I was already an old man when i was taking SMC classes with you guys!) After working some jobs to just pay bills, I decided that the only thing that was going to help me out was grad school. By that point I had to really focus on what I wanted to do for a living, and I was lucky because not only did I get the advanced degree necessary to work in the Higher Ed field, but I also got some excellent work experience as well. If you enjoyed your time on a University Campus, you might want to look into going into the field of Higher Ed. You could become a counselor, advisor, admissions rep, any area that interests you. I decided that I wanted to use my (many years) of Undergrad experience to help today's students avoid some of the pitfalls that nearly entangled me up early on. Being a first generation student, I really had to figure all that out for myself, so I hope that I can make a positive difference for the students I advise so that they avoid mistakes that I once made :)

-Casey

UM2004 said...

Awww Hi Casey!

Thanks for your words! I'm going to make it one day :)